Monday, June 29, 2009

James Spiteri speaks out on Blind Beatroot

Hello,

My name is James Spiteri, and have known Steve and Renate from Blind Beatroot for many years. I had met Steve whilst I was studying Music Industry at Victoria University in 2002. Steve was doing work for PBS radio station and at the time representing a quality local band. Immediately I approached him as I knew he had knowledge and experience that was limited in the industry, and I could certainly learn a lot from him. I was a young university student wanting exposure and experience within the field,and this was my chance. Steve gave me the opportunity and brought me on board to give me an insight to the industry. Due to my eagerness, he then took me under his wing and taught me as much as he could offer, with no return to himself other than self gratification and the chance to see me shape and succeed in a professional manner.

7 years later I still greatly admire and am inspired by his work ethics, his determination and passion to help others. He has made a strong and a definitive imprint into not only the Australian Music Industry, but also the European market. In both 2006 and 2008,the band that I also am a member of, toured across Europe and the USA including performing at the 2008 Great Australia Wave. We were supported by Steve and Renate through Blind Beatroot, and without their help and extensive and ongoing support, wecertainly would not have accomplished what we had.

Steve’s networks, communicationskills (in multiple languages), organisation, passion and knowledge, are onlysome of his traits that are uniquely rare and hard to find. Not to mention his persistence to achieving and his determination is like I have never seen before. He is driven by seeing others achieve…and there certainly aren’t many out there like that!

For both Steve and Renate, of whom do what they do, with no financial backing other than what just feeds themselves, they have already succeeded in more ways than any could imagine. Withdrawing $10,000 from a project that represents Australians and Australian music? Withdrawing $10,000 from a business that isthe key to offering such an offer of exporting Australian talent? Withdrawing $10,000 in a critical time for an international future of Australian music?

What a lost opportunity for this country and its music industry.

Regards,
James Spiteri

No comments:

Post a Comment